What better way to end the year than by crafting? A couple of days ago I received a new set of Tulip Etimo crochet hooks. In order to give them a try, I crocheted the base of this bag. I used scraps of yarn and when I saw I was running out of several of the colors I selected, I decided it was time to stop crocheting and start adding the liner.
I wasn’t certain what type of liner to use. I thought linen would be nice. I didn’t want a thick double layer inside the bag, but I also didn’t want to have fraying seams showing. I found a nice fat quarter in my stash and made a mock up bag with french seams to see if I could pull it off. Working the top where the drawstring cord goes proved a little fiddly, but I managed to pull it off.
Since the french seam worked so well on the cotton drawstring bag, I moved on to the linen. Hand sewing the linen liner into the crochet base took the longest.
I now have two new project bags for my efforts. And I was able to finally make use of a cord that came off of my lucet. Look at the cord on the crochet and linen bag to see the lucet made cord. The cotton yarn I used seemed to untwist a bit as I looped it around the lucet. There are a few bumps in the cord that I attribute to the untwisting. It slides in the bag nicely though, so I’ll keep it.